Sunday, June 19, 2016

Academic life

Attending IULM University has been a great experience. The university is within walking distance from our hotel. The atmosphere is great, I like how the building it is structured so that we get to our class easy given that our class is on the fourth floor. The first week we learned Italian language our professor’s Fillipo and Massimo were both wonderful, the very first day we learned the basics such as proper greetings, and replying. I use what I learned that very same day today on the streets with the locals. The course was so intense we learned so much in five days. I am thankful for the class as it provided the basics foundation to communicate around the city and meet new people. It was exciting to try to start conversation with the Italians. The second week we learned about cultural economics that provided us with background in music, cinema, architecture, gaming, and included a visit to the Triennale art museum. The trip to the museum was very unique I saw art in a different dimension from what I have experienced. The experience I have gained in the past two weeks is unforgettable. The topic I enjoyed learning about the most was gamification it was very interesting to see the background perspective. It showed me how the goal was to make something boring and turn it into something fun. Tomorrow is our last week I’m extremely excited to learn about fashion and design it has always been a dream of mine to work in this field and luckily I will have the opportunity to begin tomorrow so I plan to take advantage of this course. I hope other students are encouraged to have this amazing experience to study abroad. The culture, food, and education experience have taught me so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment